Depression and Anxiety encouraged me to embark on the greatest adventure of my life so far. I have been battling anxiety and depression since 2012 and low confidence and self esteem since I was a child.
I am not a risk-taker but an over-thinker. That is why so many people were surprised that I left the UK to travel around Australia in January 2018, at least until they realised what prompted my decision.
As time goes on, I will add more content and let you into my brain a little more each time. I will be posting links on social media so either follow this blog or my Twitter and Instagram to see when new posts are uploaded.
On the first Monday of each month, I ask you to share your mental health stories & I will choose my 5 favourite posts. This is called Mental Health Monday.
One of my favourite things to do is read and I find that when I am in a rut with my mental health, reading helps me to escape. I love mental health books too, both fiction & memoirs. They help me to better understand as well as make me feel less alone.
These are all posts that I have written relating to Mental Health. I mostly write about anxiety & depression as that is what my personal experience is.
- Mental Health Guilt
- Deciding to Travel
- High Functioning Anxiety
- An Extract from my Depression Diary (2015)
- Is It Instinct or Anxiety?
- My Favourite Quotes from I Don’t Want to be Crazy by Samantha Schultz
- Social Anxiety at Christmas Time
- Ten Benefits That Travel Has on my Mental Health
- Panic Attacks or Anxiety Attacks
- Mental Health is Physical Health
- Accepting Mental Illness As A Part Of Me
Mental Health Book Reviews
These are posts that I have written but I have shared on another blog.
- My #BeBrave Story featured on Her Daring Thoughts
- How Stress Affects My Mental Health featured on Looking Through Rose Tinted Glasses