Depression and Anxiety encouraged me to embark on the greatest adventure of my life so far. I have been battling anxiety and depression since 2012 and low confidence and self esteem since I was a child.
I am not a risk-taker but an over-thinker. That is why so many people were surprised that I left the UK to travel around Australia in January 2018, at least until they realised what prompted my decision.
As time goes on, I will add more content and let you into my brain a little more each time. I will be posting links on social media so either follow this blog or my Twitter to see when new posts are uploaded.
On the first Monday of each month, I ask you to share your mental health stories & I will choose my 5 favourite posts. This is called Mental Health Monday.
One of my favourite things to do is read and I find that when I am in a rut with my mental health, reading helps me to escape. I love mental health books too, both fiction & memoirs. They help me to better understand as well as make me feel less alone.
These are all posts that I have written relating to Mental Health. I mostly write about anxiety & depression as that is what my personal experience is.
- Mental Health Guilt
- Deciding to Travel
- High Functioning Anxiety
- An Extract from my Depression Diary (2015)
- Is It Instinct or Anxiety?
- My Favourite Quotes from I Don’t Want to be Crazy by Samantha Schultz
- Social Anxiety at Christmas Time
- Ten Benefits That Travel Has on my Mental Health
- Panic Attacks or Anxiety Attacks
- Mental Health is Physical Health
- Accepting Mental Illness As A Part Of Me
Mental Health Book Reviews
These are posts that I have written but I have shared on another blog.
- My #BeBrave Story featured on Her Daring Thoughts
- How Stress Affects My Mental Health featured on Looking Through Rose Tinted Glasses