It’s time for me to reflect on December and how I have created an income through blogging. It is my 7th month of monetising my blog. You can see my progress each month by starting with June 2018’s Income Report. Also, a big thank you to everyone who voted for me to be short-listed in the UK Blog Awards. I will find out this month whether I have been successful.
Followers & Stats
Pinterest: 2,000+ (94,000 monthly unique visitors)
Monthly Blog Views: 2,864
I like to share my main sources of referral traffic so that you can compare it to your own. I spend most of my promotional time on Twitter and Pinterest and this reflects in my stats. Almost half of my traffic this month came from Pinterest alone.
Search Engines: 4%
Popular Posts in December
- A Letter to 13 Year Old Me
- The Eco-Friendly Gift Guide to Start 2019 Well
- Monthly Blogging Income Report: November 2018
- The Traveller Gift Guide This Christmas
- The Year Round Self-Care Gift Guide
Posts Published in December
In December, I did a partial Blogmas which is where I started to post every day of December and you can see a full list of my published posts by visiting my Blogmas schedule as I linked all of my posts there. I didn’t post every day as I’ve been working on something very special that I’ll be talking more about later in the month, so watch this space & follow me on Twitter! I did publish 11 posts.
5 of this month’s published posts were in my most popular posts of the month.
December Income Breakdown
Ads: 25% towards the minimum payout (AdSense)
Affiliates: 1.1% towards the minimum payout (Amazon)
Products: 3 products (100% of monthly income)
This works out to less than 1 day as a Newly Qualified Teacher (my usual income) but I haven’t taken on any additional projects this month so that was to be expected.
December Goals Reflection
- I wanted to complete Blogmas, sharing a post every single day (31) of December and I managed 11.
- I wanted to write about conservation projects that I discovered in Cairns which I have been doing and have some scheduled to be published this month.
- To write about Conservation
- To talk about my goals and aims for this next part of my life.