This might be one of my favourite months yet though I’m very excited for the next. This month has been full of discovery and excitement. I am currently in Magnetic Island, Queensland. In Month 10, I have visited 8 places (Noosaville, Brisbane, Agnes Water, Emu Park, Cape Hillsborough, Airlie Beach, Townsville & Magnetic Island) across Australia. To read about our journey from the beginning, you can read My Month 1 Travel Reflection here.
Month 10 Highlights
- Finishing my 88 days!
- Eumundi Markets and Noosa River With our wonderful friends
- Selling our old car
- Jack turning our jeep into the most wonderful camper for us to road trip in!
- Watching Taylor Swift’s Reputation Tour at the Gabba, Brisbane
- Camping with Kangaroos in Agnes Water
- Cape Hillsborough Camping in the lovely Holiday Park in the National Park
- The beautiful water at Abell Point Marina in Airlie Beach
- $5 for a medium pizza in Dominos
Month 10 Lowlights
- Saying goodbye to our farm friends as we set off again on our travels.
- Finding our we had a toll fine from March that we only just received a letter for meaning we’re $176 out of pocket, ouch!
What I’ve Learned
I’m learning how to be more self-confident with the things that I do. Low self-esteem has been a lifelong battle but I’m getting more opportunities to stop getting in my own way & I’m really trying!
Camping in Australia is 1000x better than hostelling Australia. I really don’t know why we didn’t do from the beginning.
We will continue our journey north up to Cairns where we’ll stay for a little while and then we’ll go down and start our descent to Melbourne having adventures along the way. We might even be in Melbourne by the time it is the Month 11 Reflection!
It’s been a happy month. I’ve felt more content than I have done in a little while. My hands are starting to heal from the farm & I’m ready to relax and explore until it’s time to work again (hopefully not until January if we can financially manage).
I’ve also been nominated for a UK Blog Award and would appreciate you voting for me here.
Make sure you keep updated in real time by following me on Twitter