This month it is Mental Health Awareness Month in Australia. I wanted to publish a post relating to mental health every day of the month so that I can personally raise awareness. You can find all posts, posted & upcoming on my schedule. In this post, I wanted to let you know about TimeWith. They are a UK company that have an online service to match you with an accredited therapist.
Finding a therapist can be hard. In the UK, you can wait months and months for your referral to even be processed. It is often discussed that you have to be in crisis before you are considered important enough to be seen. This is not good enough for many people who with the right support early on can move forwards with their life without their mental health getting worse and escalating.
What Is TimeWith
TimeWith is a service that you can use to find a therapist or counsellor. TimeWith is on a mission to deliver good therapy to everyone who needs or wants it. They have combined technology with the process of finding a therapist making it much easier to access. It means that people can be connected to the right therapist instantly, making it more accessible and reducing the likelihood of escalation.
How Does It Work?
You just have to visit their website timewith.co.uk and follow the step by step instructions.
- Answer a few quick questions. Tell them a few details and you’ll get a list of accredited therapists that you can choose from.
- Personalised guidance in choosing a therapist. You can chat online or phone up a designated care coordinator for advice or just start messaging therapists straight away.
- Start getting therapy. Arrange a convenient time and book your first session. Payment is not taken until 24 hours later to ensure that you are happy with your session.
What forms of therapy do TimeWith offer?
TimeWith offer many different types of therapy to suit your needs. All it takes is filling in the questionnaire and discussing which method would be best for you.
Cognitive & Behavioural Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Psychoanalytic & Pschodynamic Therapies
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Psychoanalytical Therapy
- Jungian Therapy
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens Therapy
- Person centred therapy
- Reality therapy
- Transpersonal therapy
- Art therapy/art psychotherapy
- Drama therapy
- music therapy
- play therapy
- eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (EMDR)
Don’t suffer in silence. If TimeWith sounds like something you would like to try, you can visit their site here.
Have you found a service that you like to use to combat your mental health struggles?