This Mental Health Monday is a little different as it also marks the first day of Australia’s Mental Health Awareness Month. The ‘Bexcapades’ Mental Health Monday is on the first Monday of each month. I write a post & also share a selection of others (replied on a pinned tweet each month). To find out more, you can see the full page here.
This month, I am aiming to publish a Mental Health post every single day to raise awareness. I have talked extensively about my own personal struggles with Anxiety & Depression and I truly believe that the more people who talk about their experiences, the more normal it will become. I don’t feel as scared anymore about people knowing about my mental health struggles because I chose to be open about it.
If you want to read my Mental Health Awareness Month posts, I will update this post with links as I publish them.
Mental Health Awareness Month Schedule
- 2/10 – Mental Health is a Part of Me
- 3/10 – TimeWith
- 4/10 – My Top 5 Depression Fiction
- 5/10 – GUEST: I Travel for the Stars: Travelling With Depression
- 6/10 – My Top 5 Anxiety Fiction
- 7/10 – Why Did People React Differently Towards Demi Lovato to Mac Miller?
- 8/10 – My Top 5 Depression Non-Fiction
- 9/10 – How Can You Be Struggling with Mental Health When You’re Living Your Dream?
- 10/10 – GUEST: The Brave & Strong: 8 Sneaky Ways to Overcome Flight & Airport Anxiety (plus Free Packing List)
- 11/10 – De-escalation Anxiety Techniques
- 12/10 – ‘Reasons to Stay Alive’ – Matt Haig: My Review
- 13/10 – How I Try to Stay Positive in a Difficult World
- 14/10 – My Go-To Songs When I’m in The Dark Place
- 15/10 – GUEST: Cara’s Corner: Travel & Mental Health Tips
- 16/10 – Mental Health Doesn’t Discriminate
- 17/10 – How to Tell Your People That You’re Struggling
- 18/10 – 10 Ways to Practice Self-Care
- 19/10 – Mental Health Blog Ideas
- 20/10 – GUEST: The Chronic Traveller: Mental Health & Chronic Illness
- 21/10 – How to Support Someone With Anxiety
- 22/10 – The Less Obvious Signs/Traits of Anxiety
- 23/10 -How to Support Someone With Depression
- 24/10 – Celebrities with Mental Health Struggles
- 25/10 – GUEST: No Light Without Darkness: 4 Ways That Social Media Can Improve Your Mental Health
- 26/10 – What is Depression Supposed to Look Like? ‘But you don’t look depressed’
- 27/10 – My Top 5 Anxiety Non-Fiction
- 28/10 – Why Medication is a Personal Decision – to med or not to med?
- 29/10 – My 5 Favourite Mental Health Social Media Accounts
- 30/10 – GUEST: To Be Confirmed
- 31/10 – Student Times Aren’t Always the Best Days of Your Life
How are you going to raise awareness this month?