It is that time again. Writing my monthly travel reflection but this time it is month 7! I’ve been travelling longer than some people expected but I can’t see myself slowing down any time soon. In Month 7 we have stayed in 2 places (Eumundi & Seminyak) across 2 countries, Australia & Indonesia. For the last part of this month we have been in Bali with Jack’s family.
If you want to catch up with our adventures from the beginning then you can read My Month 1 Travel Reflection.
Month 7 Highlights
- Spending more time in the library. This might seem like a strange highlight to those who don’t know me but it’s honestly one of my favourite places to be and helps me to re-centre myself.
- 2 bonfire parties in one night heating us up while the nights have been colder!
- Being the first backpacker to be taught a new aspect in work. This really boosted my confidence!
- The burgers in Eumundi Brewery.
- Watching the sunset and new moon rise at the Glass House Mountains. We could also see Venus, Mars & Jupiter that night so it felt amazing. I adore the night sky!
- Visiting friends in Brisbane and spending time with them.
- Hitting the halfway point of my farm days & knowing that I’m that little bit closer to earning my second year visa.
- Final BBQ with all of our group of friends all together (the BBQ bit, not the fact that it’s our last one together).
- Noosa National Park walk with our French friends.
- Boat Trip on Noosa River with some old & new ginger farm friends.
- Getting to Bali and seeing Jack’s family. We’ve got a villa with a private pool in Seminyak and it’s really beautiful.
- Doing yoga each morning to try and be more flexible again. My first try after months of doing no stretching was so hard so I was more motivated to get back into it. I just do a 30 minutes session each day watching a YouTube video but it’s a starting point. I need to get rid of some of this shoulder pain from the farm work so this should help.
- An hour long Traditional Balinese Massage that worked out at about £4.60
- Snorkelling & seeing my first ever Manta Ray! They are wider than my height, so crazy!
- Potato Head Bali at sunset!
Month 7 Lowlights
- Having to say goodbye to some of our friends at the house share as everyone goes their separate ways travelling.
- Not knowing when we’re going to see some of our ginger farm family again!
In Month 8 we will start off by continuing to explore Bali before heading back to Australia. I’m excited to get back to Ubud & go to the Yoga Barn! Once we’re back in Aus, we’ll then carry on with our farm work and (hopefully) almost complete it!
Now, I have completed 48/88 farm days meaning I only have 40 left! Jack has completed 56/88 farm days so he only has 32 left. We are so close!