In June, my family came to visit & we wanted to do a Queensland road trip from Brisbane to Cairns and make sure we visited the highlights.
My dad booked an Airbnb for the first few nights in Brisbane and then we had to plan the best way to Cairns. (To get £25 off your first booking with Airbnb, click here). We had a few pencil attempts but we wanted to make sure the dates lined up really well & this is what we came up with.
*This is not the road trip we ended up doing, we ended up doing a Brisbane to Airlie Beach round trip instead. This is a road trip we were thinking of doing.*
- Day 1-5, Southbank Brisbane (Airbnb)
- Day 5-8, Noosa
- Day 8-10, Hervey Bay including a day trip to Fraser Island
- Day 10-11, Rockhampton
- Day 11-12, Mackay
- Day 12-13, Airlie Beach
- Day 13-15, Catamaran on the Whitsundays Islands
- Day 15-17, Townsville including a day trip to Magnetic Island
- Day 17-21, Cairns including day trips to the Atherton Tablelands & Cape Tribulation
- Day 21, fly back to Brisbane!
This itinerary might need to be adapted to suit your dates, especially if booking the boat trip on the Whitsundays as they do not usually depart every day but a few times per week.
Further Reading for each Destination:
|| Click on the links to read about the individual trips in more detail ||