Last month, I made money from my blog for the first time so decided that I would share my successes (however small they may be). My income report for July includes my followers/stats and popular posts as well as an income breakdown.
Followers & Stats (22/7)
Pinterest: 1,200+ (20,000 monthly viewers)
Monthly Blog Views: 2,866
Since last month, my follower counts have increased for Twitter, Pinterest & Facebook & remained in the same bracket for Instagram.
2. Monthly Blogging Income Report: July 2018
In July I managed to publish 9 posts which was great compared to last month’s measly 3! I’ve spent more time writing this month getting back to focus. This is why working on the farm suits me right now, no taking work home with me!
This month’s posts have been:
- Mental Health is Physical Health
- How to Use Twitter for your Blog
- 2 days in Hervey Bay, QLD
- 2 nights on the Adventurer, Whitsundays Islands
- Monthly Blogging Income Report: June 2018
- My Month 6 Travel Reflection, Australia
- Angels Can’t Swim – Alexandra McCann Book Review
- How to switch from WordPress to Siteground & Self-Host
- My Ultimate 5 Day Brisbane Itinerary
All of my most viewed posts for the month were published this month!
- Sponsored Posts: 0 jobs
- Ads: 37% towards to the minimum payout. This will roll over to next month and is an increase of 36.3% compared to last month’s 0.7% (Adsense).
- Social Media Advertising Packages: 2 jobs (80% of monthly income).
- Affiliates: 1.1% towards the minimum payout. This will roll over to next month and is no change from last month (Amazon).
- Products: 1 product (20% of monthly income)
In total, I have completed 3 jobs in July. This means my total income (not including the earnings that have to roll over) was 37% less than last month. I’m not too sad about that though as I did have less time to approach brands and PRs.
July Goals Reflection
- I wanted to build more professional relationships. I am now in contact with more people who are in both the travel and mental health industries.
- I wanted to have more relevant ads. I haven’t managed to personalise them as much as I wanted to yet.
- I wanted to earn more money than I did in June. This didn’t happen but at least I still earned something.
- I want to focus more on gaining sponsored post opportunities, especially in the travel industry.
- I want to be more effective in marketing my affiliate links.
Work With Me
If you are in the travel industry and want to offer me the opportunity to write sponsored posts or review your product/app/tour/accommodation then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the Mental Health industry and want me to write a sponsored post advertising your charity/attend an event or other opportunities please contact me.
Bloggers: if you are ready to advertise your blog then let me know! My availability is constantly changing so be sure to email me as soon as possible to reserve your slot. See all advertising packages here.
How do you effectively monetise your blog?