Another month of travel has flown by once more and in this one I had my 23rd Birthday, eek! We’ve been travelling for 6 months and this month we have stayed in 8 places (Eumundi, Brisbane, Hervey Bay, Agnes Water, Rockhampton, Mackay, Whitsundays Islands & Noosa) across Australia. This travel reflection is a little different to others as this time it wasn’t just me & Jack travelling but my parents & brother came along too!
If you’re behind on our adventures, you can go back to Month 1’s Reflection & catch up.
Month 5 Highlights
- Visiting the Whitsundays Islands on my 23rd Birthday on the Adventurer catamaran with Explore Whitsundays. Whitehaven beach has the most beautiful landscape.
- Paddle boarding & kayaking on the Great Barrier Reef – this was such a surreal experience.
- Staying in a lovely Airbnb in Noosa (even though the weather was rainy – typical)
- Trying Betty’s Burger for the first time – I know, it only took 5 months!!
- One of our farm colleagues cooked an Italian dinner for all of us (literally 30 people) and having a great night altogether. There were 15 eggplants, 2.5kg of chopped tomatoes and 4kg of mince beef amongst other ingredients – so much food!
- Cooking a traditional English brekkie for Jack’s Birthday for 16 of us in the house!
- Working with my boss and finding out that she’s happy with my work
- Watching a Sunday morning sunrise in Noosa National Park
Month 5 Lowlights
- Rockhampton is a ghost town – would probably advise just sleeping there rather than trying to spend the day there.
- Getting lots of blisters on my right hand from work!
What I’ve Learned
I have learned that I can literally do anything if I practice enough. Discovering that my boss is happy with my work (washing, cutting & harvesting ginger) when it’s something I never thought I would do proves that. I’m literally getting good at a job that I never knew existed a few months ago. 6 months in and feeling confident!
Next month we will continue working on the farm and we’ll be meeting up with Jack’s family in Bali! Every month I feel more confident and happier within myself so hopefully this will continue.
We’ve done a mega road trip, both had birthdays, celebrated 3 years together and worked. So far Jack has completed 40/88 days of his regional work and I have done 32/88! Slowly but surely we’re getting there!
You can find more picture on my Instagram @mybexcapades.