It’s that time again where I write a Travel Reflection letting you all know what I’ve been up to. I’ve now been travelling for 5 months and I’ve really noticed that it’s winter this month! This month we have stayed in 3 places (Eumundi, Brisbane & Hervey Bay) across 1 country, Australia.
If you are a little behind on our adventures, you can find Month 1’s Reflection here and catch up.
Month 5 Highlights
- Working! I know, it’s sounds weird but I’m actually really enjoying the regional work, washing & trimming ginger to get it ready for market & packing.
- Spending a winter sunny Saturday on a private hire boat with our housemates & fishing rods. Maybe one of my favourite days in Australia so far!
- Discovering the farmer’s market and getting giant, organic, juicy pineapples for really cheap!
- Eumundi Brewery with the housemates. Gorgeous pub with great company & fabulous food – can’t really beat that!
- Getting to spend time with my parents & brother for the first time! Brisbane, Australia Zoo, Hervey Bay & Agnes Water.
Month 5 Lowlights
- Feeling cold! Our mornings and evenings feel like we’re back in the UK again so working outside doesn’t feel so great but once it hits 9am it starts to feel warmer.
- Lots of our original housemates moving out to new Australian adventures or back to their home countries! I’ll miss people but luckily our new housemates are good people too!
What I’ve Learned
I actually pick up new things quickly which came as quite a surprise. Doing what is considered a ‘boys job’ by many yet being told by the owner that I got good at it quick.
We carry on our road trip for the next couple of weeks and then back to work getting closer to earning our second year visa. On our road trip we are still yet to see Rockhampton, Mackay, the Whitsundays Islands and Noosa Heads.
Overall, I’ve had a great month. I’m enjoying the work, really like the people I’m living with & got to start a road trip adventure! So far, Jack has done 28/88 farm days & I have done 19/88!