My Month 4 Travel Reflection, Australia

Each month that I have been travelling, I have been writing a travel reflection to update everybody what we have been doing each month. I am currently in Eumundi (Noosa) in Australia. This month, we have stayed in the one town across 1 country (Australia).

If you are behind on our adventures, you can read Month 1’s Travel Reflection & catch up here.

Backpacking Australia travel Reflection

Month 4 Highlights

• Getting nominated for the ‘Top 10 Travel Blogs 2018’
  • Climbed Mt Ngungun and got to see a 360 degree view of the Glass House Mountains.
  • Doing a bouncy castle assault course at Bli Bli Aqua Park with our housemates
  • Joining the library (nerds are going to be nerds in whichever country they live)!
  • Visiting our fabulous friends in Brisbane
  • Finally both getting to start our farm work!

Mt Ngungun, Glass House Mountains lookout  Brisbane sign, south bank

Month 4 Low Lights

• The torture of not working when Jack was
  • My first panic attack in 2 years caused by a dog who keeps visiting us and is actually really friendly & playful
  • Embarrassing myself on day 1 of working by being sent home sick and not knowing whether I’d be back (luckily I was)

What I’ve Learned

I have learned that I can’t always control the situations I’m in. Also, I can’t always leave toxic situations but instead have to find a way to reduce my time with a toxic person instead. I have also learned how to sort ginger, wash it & how to trim it, yep I’m a farmer now!

|| Related: 10 Reasons to Quit your Job and Travel the World ||

Next Month

We will carry on with our farm work and then my family are coming to visit & we’ll be heading up the East Coast for a road trip! I am so excited to show them South Bank in Brisbane and for us to visit Fraser Island and the Whitsundays (we are going on a boat trip and will be there for my 23rd Birthday).

So…

Overall, it’s been a high & low month but the worst part of being a backpacker in Australia is finding & waiting for farm work but that’s over for us as we’ve both started so it should be onwards & upwards from here. So far, Jack has done 12/88 farm days and I have done 2/88 farm days.

|| Related: Month 5 Travel Reflection, Australia ||

13 thoughts on “My Month 4 Travel Reflection, Australia

Sharon

(May 17, 2018 - 8:12 pm)

Glad you’re in work now and can start bagging your 88 days 😘

(May 26, 2018 - 2:15 am)

It will all be worth it once I have that visa!

Emma

(May 20, 2018 - 8:47 am)

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for The Mystery Blogger Award, because I think your blog is awesome! If this is something you’re interested in, you can find out more here: http://emmaclairebell.com/about/mystery-blogger-award/

Anna Makridi

(May 28, 2018 - 3:09 pm)

Great post! Australia looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

(June 3, 2018 - 7:27 am)

Thank you, it really is a dream come true!

Elle Louise

(May 29, 2018 - 10:31 am)

Soooo glad you’re both in work now, though I know it’s also really difficult to be out of work when your partner is full time! Really excited to read all about your road trip too when you head off! Glad all is going well, and even with a few bumps I love that you can always see the positive!x

(June 3, 2018 - 7:28 am)

It really is, especially because working is important to me! I’m so excited! Not long to go now! X

Megan

(May 30, 2018 - 9:50 am)

I’m so excited for you to go on the East Coast trip with your family! Hope the farm work is going as well as it can – just think, every day you’re one step closer to all 88 days!

(June 3, 2018 - 7:29 am)

Thank you, I’m so so excited for the road trip and it’s so close now! That’s all that goes through my mind, one step closer to the visa each work day!

Emma

(June 9, 2018 - 8:16 pm)

Loving the blog, brings back so memories of my own backpacking trip. Backpacking can be hard but so totally worth it! Looking forward to reading about your East Coast trips!

(June 14, 2018 - 10:52 pm)

I’m glad to hear that it’s bringing back memories! I’m so excited for the East Coast!

Josh

(June 22, 2018 - 12:26 pm)

I also love travelling around the world. It’s really great to hear that your blog is nominated for “Top 10 Travel Blogs 2018’”.

(June 25, 2018 - 11:57 pm)

Thank you! I am so happy about it!