Each month that I have been travelling, I have been writing a travel reflection to update everybody what we have been doing each month. I am currently in Eumundi (Noosa) in Australia. This month, we have stayed in the one town across 1 country (Australia).
If you are behind on our adventures, you can read Month 1’s Travel Reflection & catch up here.
Month 4 Highlights
- Getting nominated for the ‘Top 10 Travel Blogs 2018’
- Climbed Mt Ngungun and got to see a 360 degree view of the Glass House Mountains.
- Doing a bouncy castle assault course at Bli Bli Aqua Park with our housemates
- Joining the library (nerds are going to be nerds in whichever country they live)!
- Visiting our fabulous friends in Brisbane
- Finally both getting to start our farm work!
Month 4 Low Lights
- The torture of not working when Jack was
- My first panic attack in 2 years caused by a dog who keeps visiting us and is actually really friendly & playful
- Embarrassing myself on day 1 of working by being sent home sick and not knowing whether I’d be back (luckily I was)
What I’ve Learned
I have learned that I can’t always control the situations I’m in. Also, I can’t always leave toxic situations but instead have to find a way to reduce my time with a toxic person instead. I have also learned how to sort ginger, wash it & how to trim it, yep I’m a farmer now!
We will carry on with our farm work and then my family are coming to visit & we’ll be heading up the East Coast for a road trip! I am so excited to show them South Bank in Brisbane and for us to visit Fraser Island and the Whitsundays (we are going on a boat trip and will be there for my 23rd Birthday).
Overall, it’s been a high & low month but the worst part of being a backpacker in Australia is finding & waiting for farm work but that’s over for us as we’ve both started so it should be onwards & upwards from here. So far, Jack has done 12/88 farm days and I have done 2/88 farm days.