New Year’s Resolutions 2018

This year I will be travelling to Australia for a year and I want to make the most of the opportunity.

I am shy and can be awkward and it takes me weeks, if not months to get comfortable around people. This year, I want that to change so I am writing my New Year’s Resolutions down so that I can’t just ignore them after week 1!
After writing my reflections on 2017, I started thinking about what I want to achieve in 2018.
1. Talk to people first. Don’t just wait until they talk to me, I’ll meet more people who might have been too shy to approach me and this way I don’t have to miss out on knowing them.
2. Read as many Mental Health Monday posts as I can. I want lots of people to join in with my tag and to do that I need to read & respond to as many as possible.
3. Say yes more often. I don’t want to miss out on opportunities because I’m too nervous to get involved. If I’m invited, I want to go & I don’t already have something planned, I should say yes!
4. To finish a story. I’ve got so many partially written stories and books that I have never finished as I get too excited at the next idea but in 2018, I want to actually finish one!
5. Continue growing my blog. It’s not all about the numbers but I would like to increase my blog views each month.
|| Related: Month 1 Travel Reflection ||

What are your New Year Resolutions for 2018?

13 thoughts on “New Year’s Resolutions 2018

skyhighaffirmations

(December 30, 2017 - 4:29 pm)

I love the goal to talk to other people first! I’m really shy, so I have that same problem with not initiating conversations.

(December 30, 2017 - 4:39 pm)

It’s been taking over a little bit in the last few years so I’m ready to stop holding myself back 🙈

Roadtirement

(December 30, 2017 - 4:40 pm)

Your resolutions sound reasonable, able to be accomplished and very beneficial! Best wishes on your completion of them all.

(December 30, 2017 - 4:45 pm)

Thank you! I didn’t want to go over the top and fail so I took time to think carefully about what I want to achieve and set manageable goals. It’s the first year that I’ve thought I should be able to keep it up so fingers crossed!

Roadtirement

(December 30, 2017 - 4:48 pm)

Oh, I am confident that this time next year you will share a post celebrating your accomplishments!

silkandspire

(January 2, 2018 - 12:12 am)

I really enjoyed your post! so many things you mentioned I feel so relatable as a shy anxious person myself. I especially liked your first Resolution I always find that super hard to push myself to do but when I do its definitely worth it (especially when I was doing so travel alone awhile back)
    I look forward to seeing your post of your travels and see you progress with your resolutions 🙂

(January 2, 2018 - 12:18 am)

Thank you! It’s going to be hard but I know it’ll be worth it when I stop missing out on things by not getting involved! ☺️

officiallyjamieleigh

(January 3, 2018 - 1:19 am)

Go you moving to Australia for a year!! How exciting. I love your goals though, I used to be so nervous talking to people but since working in retail and practically being forced to be somewhat social I’ve found it’s really helped with my social anxiety x x Hope you have a brilliant year!!!

(January 3, 2018 - 1:28 am)

Thank you! I’m nervous but mostly excited! That’s what I’m hoping for, I should get more comfortable with talking to strangers after exposure to it! You’re so kind! ☺️☺️

officiallyjamieleigh

(January 3, 2018 - 1:32 am)

I’m sure it will be an amazing experience. But don’t pressure yourself too much, even a smile can brighten someone’s day x

(January 3, 2018 - 1:33 am)

Ahhh I know 🙈 one day at a time 🤞🏻x

My First Blogmas Post – bexcapades

(January 3, 2018 - 12:51 pm)

[…] 23/12: My 2018 Resolutions […]

A Christmas Tag – bexcapades

(January 3, 2018 - 1:32 pm)

[…] make New Year’s Resolutions every year but they are often unrealistic so I end up breaking them constantly but this year […]