I was lucky enough to be nominated twice for this award. First by Bethany Gibson & also by Charli Dawns. The Liebster Blog Award is a way to find new bloggers with a smaller following and to give extra support. It just so happens that today is my 1 month Bloggerversary too!
As it involves different questions from each person, first I’ll answer Bethany’s then Charli’s.
1. Why did you start your blog?
I am going travelling in January so wanted to document it more productively than in a diary. Also, I wanted to talk about moving forward with my mental health.
2. Where is your dream holiday destination?
Ooooh, this is a tricky one because I want to go everywhere! Probably Cape Tribulation in Queensland, Australia because it has a mix of beaches & rainforest as well as being close to the Great Barrier Reef.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Indecisive, compassionate & sarcastic.
4. What’s your Favourite Christmas Film?
Oooh, I have 2! My favourite kid’s Christmas film has to be The Grinch and my favourite adult’s Christmas film is Love Actually.
5. Do you have any pets?
No, I won a goldfish from the fair once though & it lived for about 7 years!
6. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Many! Too many to list right here but they include watching Love Actually while we decorate the tree & fresh, new PJs on Christmas Eve.
7. What’s your dream job?
How I wish I knew the answer to this question! I’m still searching for the answer, hopefully one day I’ll find it.
8. Who inspires you?
My parents, they are so strong both individually & together and I aspire to be like both of them in different ways.
9. What’s your favourite food?
In terms of for a meal it has to be a medium rare sirloin steak (sorry vegans & veggies!) but for snacks I would say a bag of salt & vinegar crisps, I’ve recently been ordering loaded cheese & bacon potato skins too!
10. What do you wish you were better at?
Many things but trying to not get bogged down with the negativity.
11. What is number 1 on your Bucket List?
I don’t really have a top, it’s as never-ending as a circle! However I have travel plans for Dubai, Singapore, Bali & Australia in 2018 so hopefully I’ll tick a few off then!
Thank you for the questions Bethany!
Next, for Charli’s questions.
1. What brought you into the blogging world?
Blogging about Travel & Anxiety, I’ve been thinking about it for a while & a friend of mine was already blogging and has been so helpful with tips and support & I love all of the support from the twitter community especially!
2. What 3 places are in your Travel Bucket List?
I have a very extensive Travel Bucket List but my next 3 planned destinations are Dubai, Singapore & Bali!
3. Who or what inspires you the most?
4. What’s your favourite thing to binge-eat?
I could binge-eat Walkers Salt & Vinegar ‘share’ bags all day every day!
5. If you could have any pet of any sort, what would it be and why?
This is going to sound so strange but I’d definitely choose a goat. I think they’re so friendly & I love to watch them play.
6. What’s your biggest fear in life?
Probably my anxiety because I know how it can cause me so many issues.
7. If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere what 3 things could you not live without?
Typical first world problems but my phone, a solar panel charger (I know this is kind of cheating) and a wifi connection!
8. If you could have any job what would it be?
I really wish I knew!
9. Are you a morning or night person?
I’m neither and both, it depends on how busy I am, though it is more like a state of permanent exhaustion.
10. If you could go to any point of time in history, when would it be?
I love questions like this. I suppose it depends on whether I would actively have to live through it or be an observer like when Harry Potter views the memories from Tom Riddle’s diary in the Chamber of Secrets. If I was a mere observer, I would love to visit my hometown Liverpool during WW2 but I would not want to actively have lived through it so perhaps the Victorian times!
11. What’s your favourite TV series?
Of all-time it has to be Grey’s Anatomy but I am very excited for the next series of Power!
12. Where or what is something you think that everyone should go or do at least once in their lifetime?
I think everyone should visit Auschwitz at least once in their lifetime. It is such an important part of modern history and should never be forgotten.
Thank you for the questions Charli 🙂
|| Related: Anything but Books Tag ||
Uni Life Travel
The North Left
Autistic Country Girl
The rules are:
1.Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3.Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
4.Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5.Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6.Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7.List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8.Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
My Questions for my Nominees:
1. What does blogging mean to you?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. What has been on your Travel Bucket List for the longest?
6. If you could have a meal with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?
7. What is your favourite snack?
8. What is your favourite Christmas film?
9. What do you want your life to look like in 5 years time?
10. Is there a book that has changed your life?