My First Cruise

In 2015, I went on my first European cruise. I went with my parents and younger brother. We got on in Venice, Italy and travelled to Dubrovnik (Croatia), Piraeus (Athens, Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Split (Croatia) and back to Venice.
European Cruise, Norwegian jadeMy first cruise
I loved it. We travelled on the Norwegian Jade and it was like a resort but on a boat! There were multiple restaurants, different entertainment lounges for different genres of music/kids disco/performances, a pool & water slides on the top deck and they had a THEATRE.
Cruise ship theatre
Dubrovnik, Croatia is where they film Game of Thrones and is a town that is very much unspoilt and medieval.
Dubrovnik Croatia
Athens, Greece has been a dream destination for me for as long as I can remember because I love Greek Mythology & Ancient Greece history.
Athens, greece
Turkey has never really been near the top of my travel bucket lists but Kusadasi was beautiful and felt very safe.
Kusadasi Turkey
Split, Croatia was by far the most beautiful and I would love to visit again one day because 10-4pm wasn’t long enough to explore!
Split Croatia
Then, we returned to Venice, Italy and spent a few further days exploring the city.
Venice Italy
Overall, I would definitely recommend cruising if you want to visit lots of places but perhaps don’t want to commit a full holiday to just one location. However, I personally want to revisit some of the destinations so that I can explore more as a day trip is not long enough. Especially when you generally have to be back on board at around 4-5pm!
|| Related: A Day Trip to Athens, Greece ||

9 thoughts on “My First Cruise

sarahjuneblog

(November 28, 2017 - 10:15 pm)

I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award, check it out here: https://sarahjuneblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/blogger-recognition-award/#more-3284
    xo

(November 29, 2017 - 7:17 am)

Thank you, that’s so kind of you, I’ll write it as soon as 🙂 xx

Miss Amy Rach

(November 29, 2017 - 12:34 pm)

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for sharing this post! I have always wondered about the reality of a cruise. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I have never even stepped on a cruise ship and it can be hard to imagine just how huge they really are! I have to remind myself that they fit lots of restaurants rooms and even, as you say, a theatre on board! x

(November 29, 2017 - 12:37 pm)

I really loved it, I’d definitely do it again, my parents were so sold on this one that the pair of them go on at least 2 a year now, they’re great as a resort style holiday with day trips to different countries or if you don’t want to commit to a whole holiday in a certain destination it’s a good way to trial it and you can always return to have a more in depth trip 🙂 x

Kelly (켈리) (@halfbloodpixie)

(November 29, 2017 - 3:22 pm)

I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise!! Too expensive for me though. It’s such a great way to see many places!
    Kelly

(November 29, 2017 - 9:03 pm)

Yeah, it is very expensive compared to doing it yourself! 🙂

Athens, Greece – bexcapades

(December 11, 2017 - 9:33 am)

[…] visited Athens as a cruise stop in 2015 and arrived via the Piraeus […]

Dubrovnik, Croatia – bexcapades

(December 17, 2017 - 12:30 pm)

[…] on a cruise in 2015, I visited Dubrovnik and the view as we sailed in was just […]

[…] Related: A European Cruise […]